Welcome artists and art lovers! The first annual Newmarket Juried Art Show is in the planning stage. In fact, we already have contacted some artists, a potential jurist and some award sponsors.
When: Oct 11 to 26, 2019 (Install Oct 10, take down Oct 27)
Opening Reception: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 – 7 to 9 pm
Where: Newmarket’s Old Town Hall
Who: Artists in Southern Ontario can now respond to our Call For Artists: Click Here to apply Deadline is August 17 at 5pm
Contact: Before the Call goes out, you can get on our list. Just leave your contact info on our Contact page – click here
Awards: Currently, we plan on these awards, contingent on budget, works submitted and our ability to display all the different forms or work:
- Jurors’ choice: $250 (Sponsored by the Co-Directors)
- Best Painting: $100 (Sponsor: Jackie Playter)
- Best Photograph: $100 (Sponsor: Fuse Chamber)
- Best Sculpture: $100 (Sponsor: Steve Whitfield)
- Best Jewellery: $100 (Sponsor: Linda Kempton)
- Best Fabric and Textile: $100
- Best Mixed Media: $100 (Sponsor: Jackie Playter)
- Four Honourable Mentions: $50 each
- Special VR Gallery Award: One artist will win a six-month 3D Virtual Reality Gallery from Canadian startup Art Gate VR.
Please contact us if you wish to become a sponsor for the 2019 show.