Before you start filling out your application, please carefully review these APPLICATION GUIDELINES: (Click here for a pdf version)
- The NJAS is open to all artists living and working in Southern Ontario
- All work must be designed and created by the entrant, with no commercial kits or patterns and nothing created under instruction.
- There is no time constraint this year. We know that artists often re-discover older pieces that have gained new meaning over time.
- All media will be eligible except video (we’re just not set up for that yet).
- DUE DATE: 5 p.m. ET Saturday, August 17, 2019
- There is a non-returnable jurying fee of $35.00 per artist for up to 3 works submitted. No other fee will be charged.
- There will be no commission charged. Work may be for sale, but does not have to be.
- Jurist details are on the website.
- Images will be blind-juried. Signatures will be blurred out. Watermarked images will be rejected.
- Works chosen for the exhibition must be delivered on October 10, 2019. Two-dimensional works must be ready to hang, mounted or framed, and with hanging wire attached to two D-ring hangers.
- Works must be delivered by the artist or designate. Works sent via a delivery service cannot be accepted.
- The Town of Newmarket will insure the works on its premises during the show. Works will not be insured during transit.
- The jurors reserve the right to disqualify any work that is misrepresented by the image used in the jurying process.
- The jury’s decision is final. No entry may be withdrawn once it has been accepted, including if the work has been sold.
- The artist grants the Newmarket Juried Art Show the right to photograph accepted works for publicity, educational and reference purposes.
- Your application indicates acceptance of all the above.
How to enter and pay
- To start the submission, you will give the artist name & contact information.
- After that, you will give the information and images for up to three pieces of work. Each image you submit must include title, dimensions of work in inches (including framing), medium, sale price (or NFS) and a brief artist’s statement about the piece.
- Up to three pieces may be submitted for consideration by the jury, with up to 3 images for each work. JPEG images only are accepted, and will be viewed on a flat panel monitor, so about 2,000 pixels on the long side is recommended. On 2D work, such as a painting, it is suggested to submit an overall photo as well as one or two shots of interesting detail in the work.
- NOTE: In most cases you will have to make your image smaller. If you don’t have the software on your computer, you can use a free online tool like Reduce Images, at https://www.reduceimages.com/)
- File Naming (This is important): Each image file name should be made from your last name, first initial, image title, and 1/2/3 if multiple images of the same piece. Example: PatelBCelebration2.jpg would be for B Patel’s second image of her work Celebration. (Please contact us for help if you have trouble with this.)
NOTE: Use only alphanumeric characters in your file names.
- Re-size and rename your files before starting to fill in your application.
- Payment options are on the entry form: PayPal, e-transfer or cheque.
- Deadline: August 17, 2019, 5 p.m. Eastern
- Notification: by August 31
- Delivery of Accepted Works: October 10
- Opening Reception: Wednesday, October 16, 2019 – 7 to 9 pm
- Exhibition Dates: October 11 to 26
- Pick up work: October 27
(Note: If it’s marked with a *, it’s mandatory.)