This is the appication to the main Show in October. For the Winter Mini Show, click here.
Before you start filling out your application, please carefully review these APPLICATION GUIDELINES: (Click here for a pdf version)
If the pandemic has hit you hard financially and the entry fee is difficult for you, let us know and we will work out an alternate arrangement.
Conditions of Entry – 2021 Newmarket Juried Art Show
- The NJAS is open to all artists living and working in Southern Ontario
- All work must be designed and created by the entrant, with no commercial kits or patterns and nothing created under instruction.
- There is no time constraint. We know that artists often re-discover older pieces that have gained new meaning over time.
- All media will be eligible except video (we’re still not set up for that).
- DUE DATE: 5 p.m. ET Saturday, August 14, 2021
- There is a non-returnable jurying fee of $25.00 per artist for up to 3 works submitted. No other fee will be charged. (Special 2021 note: We will waive the entry fee for artists who have been hit hard financially by the pandemic. Honour system – we won’t ask) Receipts will be issued after the show.
- There will be no commission charged. Work may be for sale, but does not have to be.
- Jurist details are on the website.
- Images will be blind-juried. Signatures will be blurred out. Watermarked images will be rejected. If your images are not of satisfactory quality for jurying, we will work with you to try to get ones that are.
- The Jury’s decision is final. No entry may be withdrawn once it has been accepted, including if the work has been sold.
- The artist grants the Newmarket Juried Art Show the right to photograph accepted works for publicity, educational and reference purposes.
- Your application indicates acceptance of all the above.
The following are Entry Conditions in non-Covid times, just FYI for 2022:
- Works chosen for the exhibition would be delivered on a Monday in early October, a few days before the show opens. Two-dimensional works must be ready to hang, mounted or framed, and with hanging wire, preferably attached to two D-ring hangers. The gallery has display plinths for 3D work.
- Works must be delivered by the artist or designate. If works are sent via a delivery service, the deliverer must sign them in after inspection. In either case, wrapping must be removed.
- The Town of Newmarket will insure the works only on its premises and during the show.
- The Jurors and Directors reserve the right to disqualify any work that is misrepresented by the image used in the jurying process.
How to enter and pay
- To start the submission, you will give the artist name & contact information.
- After that, you will give the information and images for up to three pieces of work. For each artwork you submit, include title, dimensions of work in inches (including framing in normal times, but not this year), medium, sale price (or NFS) and a brief artist’s statement about the piece.
- Up to three pieces may be submitted for consideration by the jury, with up to 3 images for each work. JPEG and PNG images only are accepted, and will be viewed on a hi-resolution monitor, so at least 2,000 pixels on the long side is recommended. On 3D works the 2nd and 3rd images can be used for different views. On 2D work, such as a painting, you can submit an overall photo as well as one or two shots of interesting detail in the work.
- NOTE: In most cases you will want to make your image smaller, especially if your email service sets a limit. If you don’t have the software on your computer, you can use a free online tool like Reduce Images, at https://www.reduceimages.com/)
- File Naming (This is important): Use only alphanumeric characters in your file names. It is helpful, but not required, if the file name matches the title.
- Re-size and rename your files before starting to fill in your application.
- Payment options are on the online entry form: PayPal, e-transfer or cheque. Cheques have to arrive by the deadline.
- Deadline: Saturday, September 14 2020, 5 p.m. Eastern
- Notification: by September 23
Delivery of Accepted Works: October 5(No delivery during pandemic)
- Exhibition Dates: October 6 and beyond (since it’s online on our website, and in 3D on ArtGateVR)
- Opening Gala: Oct 14, starting at 7 pm, online – you will be sent an invitation link (Bring your own wine & snacks :^)
- International Virtual 3D Reception on ArtGateVR: October Date TBA
Pick up work: October 23(That pandemic thing again)
(Note: If it’s marked with a *, it’s mandatory.)