Before you start filling out your application, please carefully review these APPLICATION GUIDELINES: (Click here for a pdf version)
- The NJAS is open to all artists living and working in Southern Ontario
- All work must be designed and created by the entrant, with no commercial kits or patterns and nothing created under instruction.
- There is no time constraint. We know that artists often re-discover older pieces that have gained new meaning over time.
- All media will be eligible except video (we’re just not set up for that yet).
- DUE DATE: 5 p.m. ET Saturday, August 15, 2020
- There is a non-returnable jurying fee of $35.00 per artist for up to 3 works submitted. No other fee will be charged. (Special 2020 note: We hope that the COVID-19 pandemic is past by October; however, if the Venue has to stay closed due to the pandemic, your jurying fee will be refunded.) Receipts will be issued after the show.
- There will be no commission charged. Work may be for sale, but does not have to be.
- Jurist details are on the website.
- Images will be blind-juried. Signatures will be blurred out. Watermarked images will be rejected.
- Works chosen for the exhibition must be delivered on Monday, Oct 5, 2020. Two-dimensional works must be ready to hang, mounted or framed, and with hanging wire preferably attached to two D-ring hangers.
- Works must be delivered by the artist or designate. If works are sent via a delivery service, the deliverer must sign them in after inspection. Wrapping must be removed.
- The Town of Newmarket will insure the works only on its premises and only during the show.
- The Jurors and Directors reserve the right to disqualify any work that is misrepresented by the image used in the jurying process.
- The Jury’s decision is final. No entry may be withdrawn once it has been accepted, including if the work has been sold.
- The artist grants the Newmarket Juried Art Show the right to photograph accepted works for publicity, educational and reference purposes.
- Your application indicates acceptance of all the above.
How to enter and pay
- To start the submission, you will give the artist name & contact information.
- After that, you will give the information and images for up to three pieces of work. Each image you submit must include title, dimensions of work in inches (including framing), medium, sale price (or NFS) and a brief artist’s statement about the piece.
- Up to three pieces may be submitted for consideration by the jury, with up to 3 images for each work. JPEG images only are accepted, and will be viewed on a hi-resolution monitor, so at least 2,000 pixels on the long side is recommended. On 3D works the 2nd and 3rd images can be used for different views. On 2D work, such as a painting, it is suggested to submit an overall photo as well as one or two shots of interesting detail in the work.
- NOTE: In most cases you will want to make your image smaller, especially if your email service sets a limit. If you don’t have the software on your computer, you can use a free online tool like Reduce Images, at https://www.reduceimages.com/)
- File Naming (This is important): Use only alphanumeric characters in your file names. It is helpful, but not required, if the file name matches the title.
- Re-size and rename your files before starting to fill in your application.
- Payment options are on the entry form: PayPal, e-transfer or cheque.
- Deadline: August 15, 2020, 5 p.m. Eastern
- Notification: by August 31
- Delivery of Accepted Works: October 5
- Opening Gala: Thursday, October 15, 7 – 9 pm
- Exhibition Dates: October 7 to 22
- Pick up work: October 23
(Note: If it’s marked with a *, it’s mandatory.)